Monday, January 11, 2010

Aerial improvements

Sarabi has finally developed quite coordinated flight skills. Today she, for the first time, flew all the way from her cage in to the living room, through the kitchen door (which meant an aerial turn of at least 180 degrees) and landed on my arm after a very stylish hovering in the air for a slight second. She has flown this far before and even further but every other time it has resulted in a, not so flattering, crash landing on the floor with a very innocent look and a pleading "step up?" foot in the air. If not the outcome just described, her flights usually end up in a crash landing into my curtains or some ornament by the window that, more times than I'd wish for, ends up scattered into pieces on my living room floor. Now she can even perform this very impressive aerial stunt from her cage to my arm on voice command and out of sight from the other room. I guess when "mommy" can't be seen, "baby" gets worried and will climb to incredible heights to retrieve her lost "momma." Hopefully Sarabi is starting to outgrow her baby clumsiness, even if I must admit that that specific clumsiness can be awfully cute at times - when my ornaments manage to stay intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment