Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Performance, Agility and Obediance competition

I entered Sarabi in a "Christmas Performing Pets" competition on Interdressage.com. It is a charity competition where the entry fee will be donated to two different animal trust funds in the UK, so it's a fun thing and for a good cause! The entry will be judged on performance, agility and obediance. I decided to show the moves, that demonstrate the three mentioned categories: Step Up, Step Down, Upside down, Fly to the cage, Climb, Stretch and Kiss. Unfortunately Sarabi is not the "performance kind of bird", haha, so I had to take countless retakes before she finally - sort of - cooperated. She was reluctant to do the stretch move (which I found quite strange, considering the fact that I tell her that command every day, at least once a day - when she is picked out of the cage). The Upside down move was no problem, even though it is the most recent command I've taught her. Anyway, I am happy that we managed to get some sort of entry program filmed anyway. Grey's sure do have a mind of their own! Maybe I should get myself a caique or some other bird, more willing to be trick trained? No, I think I will stick to my stubborn little CAG, she does have her charm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment