Monday, July 19, 2010

Increasing vocabulary

The other day Sarabi followed me by flying after me from the living room into the hallway. She then made a smooth landing on my dresser and shouted, very enthusiastically: "Coo-coo!" I was about to die laughing, and this made Sarabi find the phrase even more amusing. She uses it quite often now-a-days. :p This is a phrase that I had never said to Sarabi previous to before she said it herself, so I'm assuming that she learnt it from my parents CAG Malaika while my parents have been "parrot-sitting" her.

More additions to her vocabulary include:

"Come on"
"Come here"
"Good girl"

and, just before I started writing this:

"You want some?"

She just keeps learning more and more each day, I'm so proud of her! Other words and phrases in her vocabulary are:

"Hi"
"Hello"
"Look at you"
"Step up"
"Peek-a-boo"

And of course all kinds of mumbling and rambling sounds that cannot be understood by anyone other than herself. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment